www.sav-distribution.co.uk is a secure website. Every time you enter an area of the site that carries or requires sensitive information such as your credit card details, an icon resembling a padlock will appear at the bottom of your browser window. This is an indication that the site is secure.
This website uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Private Communications Technology security standards that are supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later and other popular browsers. SSL encodes your personal information and all your transactions are protected by the powerful SSL encryption technology. SSL encrypts your credit card number, name, address, phone number, identification number and password as it travels through the Internet, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.
Data Protection Notice
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information we may obtain about you. By registering as a user of the services provided by us and by using this website generally you agree to this use.
1. When you register and use this site you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfill our agreement with you.
2. We may use information you provide or is obtained by us:
To register you with our website and to administer our website services;
For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example, automatically selecting products or services, which we think will interest you from the information we have. We may inform you (by e-mail, mail or otherwise) about products and services which we consider may be of interest to you.
For the prevention and detection of fraud.
To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
4. If at a later date you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing information from us, please contact us.
5. We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes set out above:
- To employees and agents of www.sav-distribution.co.uk
to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you.
- Agents who profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
- To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
- If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
6. In order that we can monitor and improve the site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser version and the website you visited prior to our site.
7. New technologies are emerging on the Internet that help us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called "cookies", which may be used by us to provide you with customised information from our website.
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Cookies also allow us to make our website more user friendly by, for example, allowing us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website.
8. We may supplement the information you provide to us with information we receive from third parties.
9. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
10. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
11. Please note that any products and services are supplied subject to our standard terms and conditions.